Gluten Free Mac N’ Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir salt and mustard powder into melted butter and remove saucepan from heat.
- Whisk milk and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth; stir into butter mixture until well blended. Return saucepan to stove; cook milk mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir 3 cups Cheddar cheese into sauce until heat from sauce melts cheese. Add pasta to cheese sauce and stir well; pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine remaining 1 cup Cheddar cheese, gluten-free bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon butter, and paprika in a bowl; sprinkle over pasta mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is crunchy, about 30 minutes.
Grilled Cheese Recipe
1. Heat 1 tablespoon salted butter in a cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Press the sandwich slightly and place it in the skillet. Cook until golden on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Flip, adding more butter to the pan if needed, and cook until the other side is golden and the cheese melts, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 10 3⁄4ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion (4-5)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheeseDirections
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil potatoes in skins; peel and grate.
- Heat ¼ cup butter with cream of chicken soup over medium heat.
- Blend sour cream, onions and cheese into soup until cheese is melted
- Stir in potatoes.
- Place in buttered 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes.